Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Tadcaster Albion AFC app


Tadcaster Albion - Match centre

Ossett United
Tadcaster Albion
T Greaves (60' Pen), C Chantler (68')
Full time
J Mycoe (79')
Sat 6 Apr 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League - East Division Attendance 532

REPORT | Taddy Leave It Too Late At Ingfield


A controversial second half penalty swung the momentum in favour of Ossett United as the Brewers are narrowly beaten once again.

Chis Chantler followed up Adam Priestley’s free-kick to double United’s lead but Jason Mycoe did give Albion hope in the final stages by headed home his first goal of the season.

Despite being on top for long spells in the contest, the Brewers left it a fraction too late to get anything out of the game in what was a big game in the race for the play-offs.

Simon Collins welcomed experienced heads Michael Ingham and Paddy Miller back into the starting line-up along with Will Annan as Jason Mycoe moved into central midfield.

The Taddy boss insisted that a reaction was needed from his side after the disappointing defeat at Stamford in midweek and they started brightly on a sunny afternoon in West Yorkshire. Paddy Miller saw his dangerously whipped free-kick well claimed by United stopper Brett Souter before the same aforementioned player sent a header onto the roof of the net.

With Albion pressing with intent in the opening minutes, the visiting bench were up in arms appealing for a penalty kick after Casey Stewart’s cross was blocked by the outstretched arm of Ossett skipper James Knowles. However, only a corner kick was given by the near-side assistant.
With the hosts starting sluggishly, it felt like Taddy needed to take this chance whilst they were in the ascendency and they came very close to edging ahead on 24 minutes when Paddy Miller curled a free-kick into Casey Stewart but he could only volley wide of the mark.

Taddy were looking the much more comfortable side on the whole as they went even closer to breaking deadlock four minutes later. Out of nothing, livewire Will Annan jinked inside on the left flank and unleashed a brilliant dipping effort from distance which crashed off the top of the crossbar.

It was an action packed couple of minutes as Ossett threatened for the first time straight up the other hand. How they didn’t take the lead was down to one man, the returning captain Michael Ingham who has a habit of making quite extraordinary double saves, and he was at it again on this occasion. First the former Northern Ireland International denied Tom Greaves’ volley from six yards out before scrambling back to his goal and somehow stopping Aidan Chippendale’s low blast right on the white line in outrageous fashion.

The Brewers started the second 45 where they left off in the first as Paddy Miller’s thumping free-kick was well headed away before Joe Lumsden and Will Annan fired attempts off target. Nevertheless the contest swung just before the hour mark as after two outstanding blocks from Jason Mycoe and Ellis Barkworth, Ossett were awarded a penalty kick. Tom Corner’s cross was flicked on by Andy Monkhouse ricocheting off the arm of Pete Davidson who was adjudged to have deliberately handled the ball. Tom Greaves stepped up and powered past Ingham to give the home side the lead.

This immediately sparked Andy Welsh’s team and fans into life as Michael Ingham did very well to deny Monkhouse and Priestley before they did in fact double their lead. Adam Priestley’s pile-driver of a free-kick was parried by Ingham and Chris Chantler was quickest to react turning home from close range.

Nevertheless Taddy made for an interesting finale when the deficit was reduced to just one on 79 minutes as Chris Howarth’s lovely floated ball into the box was flicked into the back of the net by Jason Mycoe for his first of the season.

With time against Albion, Ingy was doing his absolute utmost for his side as he made another terrific save. Adam Priestley ran clean through on goal but the giant number one stood tall and saved impressively with his legs.

Colossal defender Harry Coates was sent up front in search of an equaliser but unfortunately it was too little too late as Ossett hung on for the victory.

Full-Time: Ossett United 2-1 Tadcaster Albion

Ossett: Souter, Vann, Chantler, Gay, Knowles©, Gregory, Priestley, Monkhouse, Corner (Khan 74), Chippendale (Basic 63), Greaves
Unused: Burke, Foley

Tadcaster: Ingham©, Barkworth, Howarth, Mycoe, Coates, Miller, Stewart, Davidson, Lumsden (Porritt 70), Savory, Annan
Unused: Hardy, Hodges, Rose

Key moments

Scored Penalty Tom Greaves scores a penalty for Ossett United
Goal Chris Chantler scores for Ossett United
Goal Jason Mycoe scores for Tadcaster Albion


View 0 new events
79:00 Goal 2 - 1
Jason Mycoe scores for Tadcaster Albion
78:00 Assist
Chris Howarth makes an assist for Tadcaster Albion
68:00 Goal 2 - 0
Chris Chantler scores for Ossett United
60:00 Scored Penalty 1 - 0
Tom Greaves scores a penalty for Ossett United
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Ossett United
  • Tadcaster Albion
  • 0
  • Tom Greaves Scored Penalty 60:00'
  • Chris Chantler Goal 68:00'
  • Chris Howarth Assist 78:00'
  • Jason Mycoe Goal 79:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other East Division results

AFC Mansfield
Stocksbridge Park Steels
Gresley FC
Sheffield FC
Loughborough Dynamo
Morpeth Town
Pickering Town

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Morpeth Town 38 88
2. Pontefract Collieries 38 76
3. Brighouse Town 38 71
4. Sheffield FC 38 69
5. Ossett United 38 67
6. Tadcaster Albion 38 66
7. Cleethorpes Town 38 64

Team sponsors


Club sponsors