Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Tadcaster Albion AFC app


Tadcaster Albion - Match centre

Tadcaster Albion
Sat 7 Apr 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League - The EVO-STIK North Full time Attendance 181

REPORT | Ten Man Tad Dig In For Point At Colne


Tadcaster played out their second goalless draw in two days despite playing with a man less for over 50 minutes after Pete Davidson was controversially dismissed.

Following on from his heroic save on Thursday night, Albion keeper Michael Ingham continued his terrific form by making three outstanding stops to keep the Lancastrians at bay in the first half.

It was a controversial encounter all afternoon, the first of which arising moments before half-time when Pete Davidson was shown a straight red card for clicking the heels of Gary Stopforth to end a counter attack.

The Brewers dug in valiantly however but were dealt another blow mid-way through the second half when Billy Whitehouse was wiped out in the penalty area only for both referee and linesman to bat away the huge appeals.

Despite having a man more, the home side never really threatened in the second forty five and it was in fact Albion who looked the more likely to go on and nick a winning goal with Casey Stewart and Billy Whitehouse going close.

In the end it’s another point to add to the tally and back to back clean sheets against two tough teams.

Michael Morton was forced into making two changes to the side that drew with neighbours Scarborough two days previous as Jason Mycoe was away and Josh Barrett was taken. Centre forward Aiden Savory dropped back into defence alongside Ellis Barkworth who was making his first start on-loan from Hull City.

On a pitch which evidently saw a lot of rain prior to kick-off, Colne started the brighter kicking up the hill in the first half. Harry Pratt pulled back to Matty Morgan who instinctively smashed goalwards towards the roof of the net but the giant Northern Irishman brilliantly tipped over with his left-hand.

The vibrant Reds were getting in behind down the inside channels far too frequently for Albion’s liking as Oliver Crankshaw and Matty Morgan both blasted balls across the face of goal with no players on-hand to turn in.

Michael Ingham was busy in between Taddy’s goal in the first half as he got down well to beat Harry Pratt’s effort moments later.

The Brewers had their backs against the walls as they struggled to get out of first gear with messrs Morton and Collins urging their side to improve quickly.

Casey Stewart, who was being utilised as a fake nine with Savory needed in defence, looked lively when receiving the ball to feet and driving at Colne’s back-line but he lacked support around him when doing so.

Tadcaster did improve as the half went on though as Will Annan gracefully skipped past Colne skipper Simon Nangle before sliding Casey Stewart in on goal, only for the linesman to raise his flag in what was an incredibly tight call.

Having said that, the home side carved out their best chance of the match bang on the half hour mark but once again Michael Ingham showed his class.

Pratt set the lively Oliver Crankshaw clean through on goal, he had an age to think about what he was going to do, he drove into the box and struck low only for Ingham to brilliantly deny with his legs.

Crankshaw, who was determined to beat Ingham, kept failing as a slip from Harry Sheppeard allowed the winger to burst inside into the penalty area only to see his strike kept out with an excellent low save down to his right.

Taddy continued to plug away at the plucky Colne and they created their best chance of the half ten minutes from the break as Casey Stewart curled a delightful cross into the box to which Billy Whitehouse, who made a great burst into the box, could only guide wide of the mark.

However, the huge moment of controversy in the contest came four minutes from the half-time whistle and after a trio of success corners for the Brewers.

Hakan Burton caught Chris Howarth’s clipped cross and set his side away igniting a dangerous counter attack. Gary Stopforth drove past the half-way line, travelling at some pace whilst being tracked by Pete Davidson who cynically clicked the heels of the Colne midfielder.

After a horde of gesticulation, referee Ian Walshaw reached into his back pocket and showed Davidson a straight red card much to the utter disbelief of the Tadcaster team and bench.

Admittedly Will Annan isn’t used to playing on pitches as cut up as this one at Hull City, but he went close to breaking the deadlock thirteen minutes into the second half when he beat two down the left-hand side but his effort was comfortably caught by Hakan Burton.

Despite kicking up the hill in the second half and having a man less, Taddy started the second half in the ascendency as Casey Stewart coolly glided past Andrew Hollins before seeing his powerful strike superbly blocked by Jonathan Hodkinson.

Back came Colne down the hill and Crankshaw’s deflected header had Ingham scrambling but it bobbled wide of the right-hand upright.

The dangerous crosses kept coming from the home side, this time from Lee Pugh, brother of Bournemouth man Marc Pugh, but substitute Connor Hughes was inches away from sliding home and Aiden Savory cleared Morgan’s back-post follow-up.

Billy Whitehouse continued to cause problems down the right-wing and when the former Leeds United man cut inside Hodkinson and pulled the trigger, the travelling Albion fans thought it deflected into the back of the net, but wide it flew.

Michael Morton’s Taddy were putting in one almighty shift in the second half with ten men and they were looking the more likely to open the scoring at this point as some more neat link-up play between Whitehouse and Steward led to Harry Sheppeard taking over and driving to the by-line and pulling back into the six-yard box which was just cleared away from the lurking Annan.

From the resulting throw-in came another massive talking point in the match as Billy Whitehouse made contact with the ball first before being wiped out from behind by Hodgkinson but neither the linesman nor the referee felt it was warrant of a penalty kick.

Nevertheless another great chance came and went a minute later when Annan gorgeously disguised a reverse through ball in behind to Casey Stewart but Burton brilliantly kept out Taddy’s makeshift forward.

Colne struggled to find a way to hurt Albion in the second half who kept their shape tremendously as Connor Hughes side-footed comfortably off target.

Back went Taddy up the hill and that man Casey Stewart squandered another good chance to test Burton in the Colne goal. Aiden Savory cleverly swept out to Stewart who’s first touch saw him beat Lee Pugh and burst in on goal but momentarily before striking the ball it hit his standing foot resulting in the player firing wide.

In the end neither saw could muster up a crucial winning goal but to a man, Tadcaster Albion dug in admirably for over a half with ten men against a fellow play-off chaser.

Full-Time: Colne 0-0 Taddy

Colne: Burton, Azam, Pugh, Hollins, Hodgkinson, Nangle© (Hughes 61), Morgan, Stopforth, Pratt (Knox 80), Curran, Crankshaw

Unused: Coleman, Howell

Tadcaster: Ingham©, Sheppeard, Hardy (Milne 90), Roper, Barkworth, Savory, Howarth, Davidson, Annan (Langton 90), Stewart (Sellars 84), Whitehouse

Unused: Young

Videos and photos

Colne v Tadcaster Albion
94 photos
Colne v Tadcaster Albion
Reaction: Colne 0-0 Taddy

Team selection

Ingham, Michael Ingham, Michael
Sheppeard, Harry Sheppeard, Harry
Hardy, Aaron Hardy, Aaron
Whitehouse, Billy Whitehouse, Billy
Savory, Aiden Savory, Aiden
Barkworth, Ellis Barkworth, Ellis
Howarth, Chris Howarth, Chris
Roper, Corey Roper, Corey
Annan, Will Annan, Will
Davidson, Pete Davidson, Pete
Stewart, Casey Stewart, Casey

League round up

Other The EVO-STIK North results

Scarborough Athletic
Kendal Town
South Shields
Ramsbottom United

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. South Shields 42 103
2. Scarborough Athletic 42 95
3. Hyde United 42 92
4. Bamber Bridge 42 74
5. Prescot Cables 42 72
6. Trafford 42 66
7. Tadcaster Albion 42 62

Team sponsors


Club sponsors